Saturday, October 3, 2009

Where did September go???

It's Saturday, 3 October and I'm actually awake enough to pen a few words here.   Exhaustion is a weak word to describe the level of energy I've had lately.  September in all it's apple picking glory was a horrid month and I say good riddance to bad rubbish.  I finally put the Period 13 (september) work book on the shelf yesterday.  I took a deep breath and shook that monkey off my back.
I've always been fond of October, even more so since 1985.  My son was born in that month that year, followed three years later by my daughter, same month.  Nice time to be born, I say.  The landscape is a riot of warm colours.   If you can't have the cool blues of water, I say go for the heat of the fire colours.  Besides, it's also officially bourbon and scotch season. 

Got that party for 200 under our collective belts.  Kinda fucked up a bit on the OT projection, though.  Blew that budget big time.  Thought I'd spend $800 bucks in OT..spent $1500.  Yeah, Lucy had some 'splainin' to do on that one.  Overall, the client was as pleased as pie though, and at the end of the day, that's the hill you want to win.

I also survived the visit with my parents.  Marianne is quite the trip.  I don't think I ever even saw a  strange toothbrush in the bathroom.   She clearly wanted to make it seem like I had church mice visiting.  The toaster shines like new, the coffee pot is crystal clear and the refrigerator has achieved a level of sanitation heretofore only present in the showroom.  Thank you Jim.

And now, for the new dilemma....how to ask my sister not to stay at my house for a week between Christmas and New Year.  I love her...and would love a visit...but that time of year is like a soothing balm for my overworked body.  Once the christmas decorations are up, this shoebox size house I live in becomes even tinier....to have three guests using the one bathroom and postage stamp sized kitchen may be more than I can handle.  By the time christmas comes I'll be wounder tighter than a Slinky.  The idea of being 'on' for company for a whole week makes me want to steal some of Deb's towels, for wringing purposes only...
I have got to do some fancy footwork here to extricate myself from this.  I'm considering offering to pay for a hotel for a few days just so I have some air...   Lou has said that if I can pull this off without creating a rift that I may be able to find work over in Tudor City NYC - (where the UN is).

Wish me luck.

Oh yeah, one more thing...I missed writing here.  I don't like being so tired at the end of the day that all I can manage is to lay on the sofa all night.  Not good for business at all, if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment