Saturday, May 29, 2010

As a 'guest of the state'.....

Once again, I'm a guest of the state of NJ.  Filed for unemployment yesterday.  This time, though...it's for all good reasons.  Hopefully, won't have to suckle on the tit of the state for all that long, though.  Plan is to find gainful employment in New Orleans, close enough to not have to drive the car!

Things are getting out of control here at the house in NJ.  Boxes everywhere, dust and Max hair abounds.  This is the last weekend my bedroom will remain unscathed.  Tuesday it comes down.  All the doodads hanging from the ceiling, all the glow in the dark stars, all the purple cloths from over the bed, and the ornament tree...all coming down and shoved into boxes.  It's a beautiful weekend here, but sad as well.

Had buttered crumb buns from B&W bakery in bed this morning.  That's the last time I get to do that.  I believe the next time I have pastries in bed it will be in a bed situated in New Orleans and the pastry will be from that french pastisserie around the corner from the house.   Not that I need pastry in bed, mind you..but what better way to start a weekend morning that coffee and pastry in bed???

Going down to Belmar tomorrow.  It may be the last time for that, too....and yes officer, I always drink cranberry juice on the beach.  No, you cannot have a sip, else you'll discover it's really wine.

Somehow, I'm planning to make soft shell crabs tonight....I have one pot and one saute pan.  This oughta be interesting, especially since all I have is paper plates.   Oh, how degrading for the soft shell crab is that..to be unceremoniously plopped onto Dixie???

No comments:

Post a Comment