Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Drop Me Off In New Orleans!!

In about 14 hours, a Mayflower dinosaur will lumber down my street, ready to accept the contents of the original 1313 Mockingbird Lane.  Rather than attending to last minute packing, double checking, and simple panic, I'm sitting here telling you what's what.  For the most part, my life is currently packed into boxes of every shape and size.  The coffin is filled with a combination of curtain rods and yard ornaments.  Every suitcase I own is playing second fiddle to the 5 wardrobe boxes I already filled with..well...wardrobe.  And shoes.  And hats.  And parasols. 

Got an email from my new landlord asking if I'd rather new carpeting throughout the house; or opt just for the cleaning.  Like this is any kind of decision..!!  Naturally I opted for new carpeting.  No, thanks, Mr. Landlord, just leave those carpets as they are, those stains tell a story!!  Ha!  But, you know what they say about those clouds and silver linings....Actually, I don't know what they say.  All I do know is that the carpeting is being installed either Monday or Tuesday of next week.  Bit of a pickle, really....the aforementioned Mayflower dinosaur is scheduled to lumber down my new street on Monday, the 14th!!  What are the chances the carpet people can get in, get 'er done, and be the hell outta dodge before the truck comes????  Slim and none..that's my guess!  The only plan I have regarding both movers and ruggers is to lock Max-i in the bathroom for the duration.

I get to keep the computer logged on till tomorrow morning, 7am.  That's when I get to remind the state of my persistent guest-hood.  Then it's outta the wall and into the box.  The house phone is packed.  The televisions are all but one packed.  After that truck pulls away, the only way for me to communicate is either cell phone or smoke signal.  Since I packed all the fire starter stuff, smoke signals will be dicey.

Is it Tuesday yet???

No comments:

Post a Comment